Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hounded By Heaven 4: Looking at the Sun

NASA Releases First 360-Degree View of Entire Sun


The photo comes courtesy of NASA's twin STEREO (Solar TErrestrial RElations Observatory) spacecraft, which aligned exactly opposite each other around the sun to capture the image. The ability to see the whole sun, front to back, will allow scientists to better understand complicated solar weather patterns and plan for future robotic or crewed spacecraft missions throughout the solar system, researchers said.

How would it be if one day we read headlines that say, "NASA  has released the first ever image that reveals the entire purpose to our lives?" Would we believe it? If a clear picture is slammed right in our faces as it probably has been for a lot of us, does it free us inwardly? Is intellectual acceptance the same as spiritual awareness? Why is it so hard to make the transition from thinking our lives to living them? 

A truth that we don't understand does not exist for us. When we truly understand a truth, it changes us. I would like to be able to say that in the year I've been away from this blog, I'm a totally changed person, but I'm not. I'm a more open person, but I still want to escape. I don't want to be here in the same way I have been for most of my life. I'm working towards being altered. I believe I have to be altered to endure the overlapping technology and imposed multi-tasking that invades and bombards my life.  

I thought I was looking for a permanent retreat, a community of like-minded people who could boost me up in my quest for TRUTH.  What I have learned in this last year is that the truth within me is stronger than my fears, stronger than a person who dislikes me, my friends, shattered dreams, illness, addiction, government idiocy, boredom or loneliness. Truth has always been a part of me and will always be stronger than anything else. 

I have been given many wonderful words and ideas by people stronger and surer than me. I have been encouraged to enter fully into the vastness of life, letting everything happen, while I quietly stand aside as a calm observer. I have been told to stop being a slave to my physical defects, my age and my false ideas about myself.

I want my mind to work for me, not against me. I'm willing to stop being so afraid. I'm sincerely working toward my own deliverance.  By becoming so disillusioned, I've broken through into sunlight. I can see clearly now.

5 comments:

rraine said...

welcome back, judy! boy have i missed you.
as usual, you bring up so many things i don't know where to start.
so i've flagrantly stolen this from gabi's facebook post:
"there comes a morning in life when you wake up a new person; that is to say, you wake up the same person, but you realize it's your own fault."
--robert brault

you are no longer the same person who woke up a year ago, or a day ago. the blinders are off. the future's so bright, you have to wear shades!

Garlandless Judy said...

rraine - good to see you back here. I love that quote from Gabi.

I spent hours last night thinking about the kind of person I want to be for the rest of my life. I want to live consciously and die consciously. I still have daydreams about living in a community where I feel supported in a way of life that most people don't live. I get so sucked into the concerns of the material world and then I forget what I really want and who I am. It's good to have a place where we can dialogue about our heart's desires.

Unknown said...

a bright sunshiny day here in the OV. Thanks for Bob and Jimmy and echoing recent thoughts back to me. I've missed these interactions and am so glad you're back with the sun blazing overhead.

Jim said...

I somehow missed that this was posted. I enjoyed reading it on this spring afternoon in late May. I hope you are well.

Busana Muslim said...

Thanks lot for this useful article, nice post